2005 Toyota Corolla XRS

Modified Mag
Item Posts    Sort Order

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS

En_Reeky_XRS En_Reeky_XRS
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/06
Posted: 06/21/06
10:19 AM

I'm having issues finding performance parts for my car.  Since it shares the engine with the late Celica GTS and the Matrix XRS save for some down-tuning, could i use parts that will fit those models?  if not, any help with where i could intakes and the like would be really appreciated.  

civicking civicking
Guru | Posts: 862 | Joined: 09/03
11:40 AM

you can use internal engine parts but external things, unless the engine bay is the same i would say no, because it would not bolt on. but if the engine bay is the same then yes you can. also TRD makes a supercharger for the 04 corolla and it might fit your car, i found a couple of other things for you such as exhausts http://www.performancecenter.com/product...ROLLA/sf4_1.8l/
header http://www.performancecenter.com/product...ROLLA/sf4_1.8l/
springs http://www.performancecenter.com/product...c+Applications/  

Leon-#001 Leon-#001
User | Posts: 109 | Joined: 02/06
08:12 PM

Quote:

I'm having issues finding performance parts for my car.  Since it shares the engine with the late Celica GTS and the Matrix XRS save for some down-tuning, could i use parts that will fit those models?  if not, any help with where i could intakes and the like would be really appreciated.

The Matrix and the Corolla are basically the same cars, except for the exterior difference, so you are definitely right about that. And it is also true that the Toyota Matrix is the same as the Pontiac Vibe, except for exterior differences as well. All three sport the same engine... I know this, because I own a vibe. It has a Toyota ECU and a Toyota Engine (VVT-i DOHC sound familiar???). They should have the same engine, and the parts should fit. With one exception... If the engine bays are different sizes, some parts may not fit. In that case it'd depend on the part being added and where it is being added in on the engine... Always ask the perfomance parts company in advance and ask for this information. They should know. If engine bays are the same size, you have three names you can search under...

Toyota Matrix
Toyota Corrolla
Pontiac Vibe

However, when you do your search, for the best results, I would not type in Toyota Corolla XRS. Rather Toyota Corolla.

CALL TOYOTA THOUGH, FIRST HAND OR THE PERFORMANCE PARTS SUPPLIER ABOUT THE ENGINE BAY ISSUE THOUGH. It'd never hurt... And seeing that they call either the corolla or the matrix the "Corolla/Matrix" in some sites, it would make logical sense that the parts are interchangeable.

As for a cool part for your vehicle, I found one accidentally. Unichip supplies a neat chip (piggyback)for your vehicle... That is if you have a nice 760 bucks to spare...

I also know that Injen makes a Cold Air Intake for your car. Check other cold air intake companies though and compare...

Also check TRD. There stuff may be more expensive though...

And don't limit yourself to just those. The internet has tons of sources. Use it to your advantage. ;-)

2GNTEclipse 2GNTEclipse
User | Posts: 225 | Joined: 11/99
Posted: 06/22/06
12:25 AM

Quote:

...also TRD makes a supercharger for the 04 corolla and it might fit your car...

So you know, the TRD SC will not work on the XRS since it's powered by the 2ZZ-GE. Grin  
Speed and power are a mix of mostly three factors: money, motivation, and time. How fast do you want to go and how broke do you want to be when you get there?

T-Guy69 T-Guy69
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/06/08
01:20 AM

http://www.stillen.com/  

Loroku Loroku
New User | Posts: 40 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/10/08
08:27 AM

what is the engine size on ur corolla is it the 1.8l or the 2.4l

trd  

Loroku Loroku
New User | Posts: 40 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/10/08
08:41 AM

hey u should read the project matrix build up it had the same motor as urs does  

T-Guy69 T-Guy69
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/26/08
05:01 AM

Have you tried TRD?